|Solid Rock Assembly||
Pastor Debbie accepted the call to lead Solid Rock Assembly in December 2014. She loves to have fun sharing her faith. She is a graduate of Freedom Bible College & Seminary and an ordained minister with the General Council of the Assemblies of God.
She and her husband John have enjoyed serving in a variety of ministries in their 30+ years of marriage. In their free time they enjoy bass fishing, playing with their grandchildren, and spending time in God's great outdoors.
They bring to Point of Rocks a passion to share the hope found in the Gospel of Jesus with everyone they meet.
We invite you to join us at Solid Rock Assembly! Debbie & John
In 1949 Phyllis M. Angus and Mary E. Kibbe were led to start a ministry to the people of Point of Rocks, Maryland. Envisioning a missionary outreach to the small historic community, the Reverends Angus and Kibbe founded Solid Rock Assembly of God. They began holding church services in their rented house on Tuck Avenue. Shortly thereafter, an Assemblies of God church in Washington DC donated a two-acre parcel of land, and construction began on a new church building. The work was done entirely by volunteers from the congregation in DC as well as from Point of Rocks. Water was carted to the construction site from the near-by Potomac River, and building materials were donated by the congregations and the community. The building was completed in time for Easter 1952. Today, the building is a private residence.
Solid Rock Assembly relocated to our current historic building on Clay Stree/ Rt. 28, in July 2001.